Sunday, March 2, 2008

Start of our Family Blog

Well, Katie was looking through the blogs of some people we know and really wanted to start one so I decided to get on here and see what we could do. Things are great in the May family right now. We are pretty busy with school, Katie has a heavier classload than I do, but we both keep busy most of the time. Katie and I both have a year left of school after this semester is over, and we are both excited about the idea of finishing. I have an internship in Houston for this summer, working for a company that does control systems for sub-sea trees. I'm not entirely sure what that will entail, but it sounds like the controls for underwater valve systems for oil harvesting. I'm excited about the work and opportunity to apply some of what I've been learning. Katie is hoping to get an internship there also since we will be living with some very reliable babysitters. We will be living with Mom and Dad Didericksen and we are all really excited about that. I'm sure they are mostly excited about being able to spend more time with Alyssa, but I can't blame them.

Alyssa is adorable. I may be slightly biased because she is my little Princess, but I'm sure most people can see it. We do actually get comments about her at church all the time. I think that has more to do with the fact that she is the most distracting child there than anything else. She loves open spaces, but is insistent that if there are open spaces she should be able to explore them. At church she refuses to be quiet if we are holding her, and so she gets to run all over the place. She is really cute, playing with all the people in the ward, but I wish we could keep her a little more stationary so she wouldn't be such a distraction for others. Right now people love it because we are in a married student ward, so there are a lot of little babies, but not too many little girls that can run around and play with them.
Alyssa is showing us more and more that she has her mom's intelligence. She loves to explore things and get into messes (that is more like her dad), and she is learning more and more signs. She recently has added "hot" to her sign language vocabulary. Whenever she sees something steaming whether on the stove or on the table, she will sign hot, and make a high pitched noise that is supposed to sound like hot. She is also trying to expand her verbal vocabulary. She knows momma, dad, pa (grandpa), ma (grandma), dsa (aunt Sally), gdaw(Uncle Garr), wawa, ball, baball(basketball), bu bu (the sound a dog makes, and most other hairy mammals for that matter), and a couple others that I can't remember right now. She wants to write right now so here is Alyssa's entry for the day. ku89klku8a9aalrktirilcgfttrfiehjiotrodtriropkfujfri b b nii9iiit9 She is a ham for the camera so we have plenty of cute pictures of her. My most recent acquisition is a picture of her stern face. I think she is imitating us when we tell her no or scold her, but she makes this face when she doesn't like something we are doing.
Here it is.

I think this face means "I don't like what you are doing right now" or "Don't mess with me!"
Well, that's it for my first post, we'll see how consistent we are about keeping it up to date. Until next time.

1 comment:

Jill Garrison said...

well welcome to the blogging world! its a fun, warm place, I promise!

I totally understand over the "cute" comments and it probably being from them getting all the attention from the noise they make during sacrament! I have too "CUTE" boys - they are So CUTE we might have to change locations for us to sit - a quicker path to the exit is meant for us!