Tuesday, March 4, 2008

A Day in the Life of Alyssa

Last night started out like a regular night for Alyssa. Dad gave her a bath and made sure to make her onsie and t-shirt into a hat in the process of taking them off.

Then Alyssa and I got onto my bed and read some books. Alyssa loves to "read" books. As soon as she knows it is time to read some books she starts to sign book. Mostly she likes to flip through the pages and jibber jabber, occasionally she'll point to some mammal and start barking like a dog (buh buh, pant pant). Sometimes she'll let me read to her while she turns the pages, but most of the time I read to her from another book while she looks at her own.


Last night was pretty rough. Alyssa woke up every 2-3 hours and would just scream. I would hold her and she would just continue to scream, eventually she would go back to sleep, but only after 10-15 minutes of screaming. One time when she woke up I decided to put her in her swing and let her watch signing time. She fell asleep, but after about an hour was screaming again. She even woke up this morning screaming, so I tickled her and she finally started to laugh. I'm guessing she is probably teething or sick. Hopefully teething because she has been sick off and on all winter. Between her 9 and 12 month doctors appointments she went from the 75th to the 13th percentile. Kinda crazy. When we went back into the family room, Alyssa wanted to get back into her swing again. She just loves her dolly, but she always seems to take the diaper and pants off of her.

Alyssa hasn't let me put stuff in her hair much, but it had been a while so I decided to try again. We ended up with a crazy pony tail and some curls in the back. She decided she wanted to help brush the curls in the back.


Alyssa decided to help me get dinner in the oven. She is quite the helper. In the process she stole a frozen tater tot and decided she wanted to eat it. She got sick of it pretty quickly.

While I was studying for my test, Alyssa decided she wanted to put my shoes on. She tried and tried, but to no avail, she couldn't get them on. I told her to bring the shoes on over and we finally got them on her. She wasn't very happy though when she tried to walk and they didn't stay on. I had Jesse put her Nikes on her even though she already had shoes on. The Nikes are a size six, two sizes too big, but they made her happy.

2 comments:

Jill Garrison said...

parker isnt feel well either right now and doing a very uncontrollable (sp) scream - been going on for two days - today I'm calling the doctor - he's also had a fever off and on.
He is cutting teeth right now - YUCK! Adorable kid though katie - they are so sweet!!!

Crystal Foy Weber said...

So I had no idea you had a blog until you got facebook, haha Aren't these things so fun? Now I can keep up with Alyssa even when I don't get to see guys as often as I would like! She is so adorable and is growing up fast :)