Monday, March 31, 2008

Final Four Update

Well, time for an update. I think I will just tell you how my bracket is going, because Katie doesn't really care much about hers anymore, partially because it isn't looking too great. I have gotten lucky so far and this last week was really good to me. I didn't have Davidson beating Wisconsin, but other than that I picked all the Elite Eight correctly, and the Final four. On ESPN's bracket challenge I am in the 99.8th percentile, of course that sounds better than 7737th place, even if it is out of over 3 million brackets submitted. The great news is that I got my name in the BYU paper. I am the overall leader for BYU's bracket challenge, and so that was exciting to see today. At this point I am thinking that I will be out of the running next week because I have North Carolina and UCLA in the championship game, and I'm afraid that UCLA might lose to Memphis, Memphis has just been tearing through the tournament, and I just hope UCLA and Love can pull off a win. Here's a picture of the leaderboard as it was printed this morning.



On a more serious note, I have recently found out that I need surgery to repair a torn achilles that I suffered playing basketball a few weeks ago. I will be going in on Wednesday to get the surgery done, and then recovery should take 8-10 weeks. Well, if North Carolina beats UCLA in the Championship game I'll have a BOSE ipod system to listen to while I'm a gimp.

-Jesse

2 comments:

James and Audra said...

Uh yeah, if you can help me get that ugly orange thing off there I would love it. Thanks. Hope you feel better soon. Audra

Bryce and Kathleen said...

thanks katie! we are really excited...and i am hoping for a girl, bryce is hoping for a boy. =) we'll find out soon though i guess...alyssa is sooo cute! anyway, it was good to hear from you. hope everything is going well for you guys!