Sunday, February 21, 2010

Alyssa's b-day

We celebrated Alyssa's birthday twice, neither time was actually on her birthday. I wanted to make her a Candy Land cake, but I thought it would be best used if both Jesse's family and my family were able to partake of the awesome-ness. Plus I got help from Alyssa's wonderful, artistic aunts.

Here is Alyssa helping out with her cake.

The finished product.
Blowing out the candles.

We were going to invite Alyssa's friend Parker over for some cupcakes on her actual birthday (he was out of town when we had the cake), but Jesse was sick and we didn't want to pass around germs. We celebrated it on the Saturday after and I started to feel sick right before our friends showed up. Luckily we didn't get anyone sick and Alyssa and Parker really enjoyed their cupcakes.

3 comments:

Shawna said...

That cake came out awesome. Great job! Alyssa is so adorable. Everytime I see her face, I just want to kiss those cheeks. Love her!
I'm glad that she enjoyed her birthday celebrations.

Michelley said...

What an adorable cake! Great idea! Her hair is so long and beautiful. I can't believe how big she has gotten!!

Brian & Kyla said...

That's a very impressive and cute cake!